2017 Masters

shame
    some lovely recovery positional play earlier
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Yes that was special...well worked out

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        A warning is only an option IF full ball contact to the ball on is possible.

As ROS nominated Yellow, no contact possible, a Warning will not be called, hence the never ending calls of Miss and a replace we have seen.
        Are you seriously saying that the referee was correct in not warning after the second miss on the yellow? If so, you need to read the rule-book again. You quoted the rule in one of your earlier contributions "a ball on OR COULD BE ON". the black could have been on so a warning should have been given.

Comment

Originally Posted by screw-back View Post
          A warning is only an option IF full ball contact to the ball on is possible.

As ROS nominated Yellow, no contact possible, a Warning will not be called, hence the never ending calls of Miss and a replace we have seen.
          Are you seriously saying that the referee was correct in not warning after the second miss on the yellow? If so, you need to read the rule-book again. You quoted the rule in one of your earlier contributions "a ball on OR COULD BE ON". the black could have been on so a warning should have been given.
          "Could be on" I have taken as for multiple reds being on the table. One red being full ball contact but the player plays for a red that can not be hit directly.
          I don't see the "could be on" applied to colours in the same vein, and as soon as a colour is nominated all others are no longer considered in this regard.
          Yes I have been reading the full F&M again
          I suggest this line of posts stop for The Masters thread and a new thread opened. I will if no one else does

Comment

I suggest this line of posts stop for The Masters thread and a new thread opened. I will if no one else does
            Think you better had because IN MY OPINION, you are (as a moderator) mis-guiding forum members. Post the same question on the Facebook Rules & Referees (Snooker & Billiards) group or why not e.mail World Snooker direct and ask for their view.

Comment

Originally Posted by screw-back View Post
              Think you better had because IN MY OPINION, you are (as a moderator) mis-guiding forum members. Post the same question on the Facebook Rules & Referees (Snooker & Billiards) group or why not e.mail World Snooker direct and ask for their view.
              Regardless being a TSF moderator and of course it is my opinion as it is yours
              Don't do Facebook and I was going to contact the refs I know
              I will post back when.
              Cheers

Comment

2017 Masters

Kyren making things difficult for himself there

Comment

Yup looking to go 4-1 down...

Comment

Regardless being a TSF moderator and of course it is my opinion as it is yours
                    Don't do Facebook and I was going to contact the refs I know
                    I will post back when.
                    Cheers
                    I look forward to your findings ;-)

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                      I don't think it matters which ball O'Sullivan nominated, because the rule refers to "a ball that was on or could have been on". In this situation the black could have been on and O'Sullivan could see it full ball, so he really should have been warned before his third attempt. Or did I misunderstand what you are saying?
                      Here's the wording in a larger context.

(d) After a miss has been called under paragraph (c) above when there was
                      a clear path in a straight line from the cue-ball to a ball that was on or
                      could have been on, such that central, full ball, contact was available (in
                      the case of Reds, this to be taken as a full diameter of any Red that is not
                      obstructed by a colour), then:
                      (i) a further failure to first hit a ball on in making a stroke from the
                      original position shall be called as a FOUL AND A MISS regardless
                      of the difference in scores;
                      (ii) if asked to play again from the original position, the offender shall be
                      warned by the referee that a third failure will result in the frame being
                      awarded to his opponent

It's pretty clear to me that "a ball that was on or could have been on" includes the black ball in today's scenario. I'm pretty sure Dean's wrong here. The referee missed it, the players missed it, the commentators missed it, the pundits missed it and I missed it. But that was a refereeing mistake.

Comment

if a player is on a red you obviously dont nominate your on a red if there are 15 reds on the table they are the ball on
                        on a colour you can nominate colour so this becomes ball on.
                        ron being able to hit black full ball makes no diffrence.legal shot

Comment

Well of course it was a legal shot when he hit the yellow.
                          We were discussing whether the referee should have warned Ronnie concerning the three miss rule.

Comment

What a champ Ding is. Spent almost 5 minutes at the end signing autographs and posing for selfies. Then after he got told to walk towards the exit he stopped and posed for another 20-odd selfies, refusing nobody. We like him
                            Favourite players: Kirk Stevens, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui

Comment

The rule is that you can nominate any ball (colour in this case) as the ball on. However, if there is clear sight to another easier colour that could be deemed "on" yet you choose to go for a different ball then the 3 miss rule is in effect. Pretty straight forward.

Comment

By the way guys if you havent seen the post match interview with Ronnie, give it a view. I was thinking the whole match that he had a cold or something cause his nose seemed really red. Post interview confirms he was feeling really under the weather so thats a relief to any Ronnie fans thinking his form has dipped. Hopefully hell recover and be good to go for his Thursday match.

Comment

Working...
                                X