No announcement yet.

UK Championships S/F discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incredible job Murphy! I had a feeling, as I said earlier, putting pressure on Carter does wonders

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
      Ali has gone. A shame because he really deserves a big title to his name.
      No, he doesn't.

Comment

Murphy's playing like a demon all of a sudden. They'll be both under pressure in the last one, Murphy had nothing to lose until now.

Comment

Alis come out with a gung ho mentality!
          Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
          Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Originally Posted by brusque View Post
            Only thing that can save Ali is luck and he has had plenty of it already but that remains his only hope as he started shaking half an hour back ... not that this barrage by Shaun would not have the same effect on most .. but then again ... thats why Carter will never be a top player despite buckets of talent
            Oh right so his 100% pot success or near that against Bingham the other night was luck, as is his current 93% pot success rate in this long match too. Luck plays no part in longer matches like this, sure you might fluke a red but it doesn't make the difference in winning and losing matches, you still have to pot the balls.

Carter is still a top player, he just seems to be unlucky in coming up against players playing at their absolute peak like Ronnie twice in world finals and Murphy tonight.

Comment

Murphy nowhere near his best tonight.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                Oh right so his 100% pot success or near that against Bingham the other night was luck, as is his current 93% pot success rate in this long match too. Luck plays no part in longer matches like this, sure you might fluke a red but it doesn't make the difference in winning and losing matches, you still have to pot the balls.

Carter is still a top player, he just seems to be unlucky in coming up against players playing at their absolute peak like Ronnie twice in world finals and Murphy tonight.
                Hi Cueman

Gotta disagree with the second paragraph surely the best have to beat the best - even the best playing at their best?
                Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

Comment

What's the latest score?
                  It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Murphy is such a great under-pressure player...I'm taken aback each time again. The balls he pots under pressure are just incredible! Back to the wall...winning 5 frames in a row. One of my very favorite players to watch...top class!

Comment

Hope Ali doesn't decide to quit after this match. Its probably one to many matches that he'll feel like its never going to happen. He must wonder why it keeps happening to him for one reason or another. He'd have much prefered to have lost having not played very well or if Murphy had played like he did at the end at the start of the match. His press conference will be interesting.

Comment

Murphys cue action is just superb. Joy to watch.

Comment

Great comeback, what a turnaround in form for Murphy.

Comment

Disappointment, 1/2 completed now.
                            Hoping for a Selby win tomorrow so that I don't need to watch the final.
                            All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

What a gentleman Shaun is. I would have forgiven him a fist pump or two after this but he behaved so well. A true champion indeed. Sad for Ali but the guy just lack the mental strength needed in such situations. Talent wise he is up there but I doubt I will ever see him winning a proper title.

Comment

Well played Murphy, moved through the gears beautifully and steam rollered Carter in the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X