Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Dean, hopefully this one works.

New Maximus Legend Plus (maple), and my current US pool setup, which is a Predator Roadline with a couple of 314-2 low deflection shafts, and a cheapy jump/break cue by Poison. Can't get away from Maple at the moment, just can't get on with ash

​​​​

Comment

• Originally Posted by sk1nnym0nkey View Post

No. I bought mine from Stu 3 years ago. Still loving it as much as i did the first day I had it. Little video on my youtube channel about it here...

https://youtu.be/FIXv-bpdP1Q
      Have you ever played with the ultimate maximum?
      If so I would be happy if you say what you think about both.
      I want to buy Maximus and I am Undecided between the ultimate and the legend plus.
      The price difference is twofold.

Comment

• Originally Posted by asafg View Post

I want to buy Maximus and I am Undecided between the ultimate and the legend plus.
        I use a legend plus, can't see how an ultimate would be any better. Mine is maple, and the shaft is clean and without any blemishes, nice and stiff with minimal deflection. I can't see what an ultimate shaft could have to improve on that. I guess for an ash shaft you're paying extra for evenly spaced chevrons.

Comment

• Originally Posted by asafg View Post

The difference will be aesthetics. As Mark said it will be more evenly spaced chevrons etc. There won’t be a difference in how it plays. Saying that every cue plays differently even within the same range .

I guess what you decide on will be based on how important looks are in a cue and how much money you’ve got to spend.
          Last edited by Starsky; 5 May 2021, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by trying View Post

Glad you're pleased with it. I have a lovely Peradon (Salisbury I think) and I toyed with the idea of one of their bespoke cues but was a bit worried about the ash shaft as I've seen a real mixed bag of nice and really not very nice on their cues on racks in various shops. Part of me would order a JP to my "ideal" design but the prospect of waiting over a year just doesn't work for me (plus, no matter how I try and on numerous devices I've lost count, I can't make Parris cue builder work)
            Beautiful cue! ❤️

Doesn’t the parris cue builder require a flash plug in on your web browser? ( bearing in mind i’m not good with mouses ) lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by trying View Post

Glad you're pleased with it. I have a lovely Peradon (Salisbury I think) and I toyed with the idea of one of their bespoke cues but was a bit worried about the ash shaft as I've seen a real mixed bag of nice and really not very nice on their cues on racks in various shops. Part of me would order a JP to my "ideal" design but the prospect of waiting over a year just doesn't work for me (plus, no matter how I try and on numerous devices I've lost count, I can't make Parris cue builder work)
              Beautiful cue! ❤️

Doesn’t the parris cue builder require a flash plug in on your web browser to work? ( bearing in mind i’m not good with mouses ) lol

Comment

• Here are some pictures of my 8-ball cue, it's a "Ton Praram III Series 2 Pro" unsure of the exact specs off the top of my head but it weighs exactly 500gms and is 57" in length. I'm no pro but it seems to be working well in my first year playing competitively.

https://ibb.co/7g861wb
                https://ibb.co/khYCDcc
                https://ibb.co/k2349KP

Comment

• Round Butt ? Looks very nice
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Yeah no taper. I kinda like it, always feels the same and I can choose to rotate and see the chevrons or not.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PaceAce
                      My VR Ultimate finished product. Beautiful and Solid cue! Extremely well-made, and very good communication with maker
                      That looks sick. The ash shaft would be absolutely perfect for me.

What's the lower wood on the butt and mini butt? Figured ebony? I'm looking to get something like that as a full butt when I get around to ordering my new cue soon enough.
                      Dublin, Ireland • English pool (WPA)
                      PLAYING CUE (MAIN): Custom Jason Owen - #1384 (one-piece • 57" • 8.4mm • 17oz)
                      PLAYING CUE (BACKUP): Custom Peradon (one-piece • 57" • 8.7mm • 17.5oz)
                      BREAK CUE: Custom Jason Owen (one-piece • 58" • 10mm • 16oz)​

Comment

• I have a brand new vr cue for sale if you are interested let me know.

Comment

• I had a couple of similar pool cues made, both sets of front splices are Wenge, I think I may need to polish or oil them as they’re both a touch weathered looking but have been stored in good leather cases etc

Comment

• My Cues:
                            Ton Praram III limited edition one piece
                            pro ash shaft
                            ebony butt and front amboyna burl/ birds eye maple splices
                            59”, 9.7mm tip, balance 16.75”, 19.5oz.

GBL Hand made one piece
                            best ash shaft
                            ebony / 4 pale moon ebony splices
                            58”, 9.3mm tip, balance 17.5”, 18.4oz.

so different but both awesome players for me.
                            😎👍
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 2 photos.
                            1Glover Cue N. American Ash full shaft 18.6oz/58/9.55mm/30.2mm/17.7 b.p., Century Ti-F, TripleCrown or ADR147 Medium tips, African Blackwood round butt with Snakewood and Tulip front splice
                            2Custom Triple crown N. American Ash full shaft 18.7oz/58/9.7mm/30.2mm/17 b.p., Century Ti-F, TripleCrown or ADR147 Medium tips, Plain jet black African ebony round butt

Comment

• what a lovely pair you have
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• The TP is dreamy looking

Comment

Working...
                                X