2015 Betfred World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought it was her impression of Whispering Ted Lowe
    Last edited by daffie; 2 May 2015, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
      Bingham winning would be the oldest world champ since Reardon - not bad considering we thought Ronnie winning it at 36/7 was remarkable.
      Reardon was 45 in 1978, John Spencer was 41 in 1977, Ronnie was 37 in 2013, Stu 38, so he would be the third oldest in the modern era. interesting

pub quiz - who is the oldest player to win the World Professional Championship and when?
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Judd has lost interest, shame really because I still think Bingham will choke at some point. I think he feels that the run Bingham has had this match is going to deny him a chance of winning. Mentally I feel Judd needs to work with a psychologist like Steve Peters because mentally he is not as strong as some of the top players.

Ability wise Judd is probably head and shoulders above everyone and knows how good he can be, at the moment though he doesn't seem to be able to maintain that level of form throughout a tournament and when things start going wrong he has a tendency to give up a little.

Obviously he is still very young compared to most of the top 16 and is still developing certain aspects of his game. However if he wants to win these tournaments he has to learn that you can't play well all the time and you need a plan 'b' sometimes to get through these matches.

Comment

• Mhh Bingham in the final would be a little disappointing for me.
          Judd is playing bad at the moment but at least there is a chance he could produce a good match vs murphy...

Comment

• So it's looking more like a Bingham vs Murphy final. I really don't know how I feel about that. It doesn't really sound like an exciting match.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
              So it's looking more like a Bingham vs Murphy final. I really don't know how I feel about that. It doesn't really sound like an exciting match.
              I feel great about it! Two great players and ambassadors for the sport and very likable guys imo.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                I feel great about it! Two great players and ambassadors for the sport and very likable guys imo.
                I'm sure it will be a good match and I like both players but I'm not expecting fireworks.
                A Judd vs Murphy battle would be much more exciting.

Comment

• Trump is playing horrible. Like wtf is this?

Comment

• I know exactly how I'll feel about that, as will millions of others. We'll be doing anything else this Bank Holiday but watching THAT snooker final. Talk about super self-satisfied vs stamp collector ...

This World Champs has just failed to deliver this year - White's choke in the qualifying, O'Sullivan's final session sulk, the wrong winner out of Hawkins vs Robertson, Trump wtf, it just goes on ...

Comment

• Originally Posted by P.Smith View Post
                      Trump is playing horrible. Like wtf is this?
                      I really don't know. Someone has stolen his mojo.

Comment

• Originally Posted by P.Smith View Post
                        Trump is playing horrible. Like wtf is this?
                        as I said earlier, he's clearly given up. He'll obviously try when he's got a chance but the will to fight for these frames has gone. He's just going through the motions at the moment, if he sniffs a weakness in Bingham though I think he'll regain his focus.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                          I'm sure it will be a good match and I like both players but I'm not expecting fireworks.
                          Nope neither am I, but its the way I like it. Hopefully some great match play and a close match, that is if Shaun doesn't pull away like he did against Barry!

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            remember that Shaun Murphy won the World crown in 2005 with NO previous wins of any note at all!

come on Stu!
                            A qualifier coming through to win the title is actually interesting though. Some old guy beating loads of good players off their form? Not so much.

Comment

• Originally Posted by IDKAPPAC View Post
                              I know exactly how I'll feel about that, as will millions of others. We'll be doing anything else this Bank Holiday but watching THAT snooker final. Talk about super self-satisfied vs stamp collector ...

This World Champs has just failed to deliver this year - White's choke in the qualifying, O'Sullivan's final session sulk, the wrong winner out of Hawkins vs Robertson, Trump wtf, it just goes on ...
                              Hahaha I can't say that I feel any sympathy for you. All the best players won and the rest went home..exactly how it's supposed to be

Comment

• You can only beat what is in front of you , no matter if you think the ' Star ' opponent had allegedly played poorly .could also have something to do with the pressure exerted by the so called ' lesser ' player.....Bingham has had the toughest draw and has played well . Good luck to him . Would like to see him go on and win it .
                                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                                X