No announcement yet.

Project Snooker Shed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over the past week of this mini heatwave with temperatures up to 21 degrees or so, the shed has remained 4 or 5 degrees cooler than the outside temperature, so the insulation and thermal vapour barrier must be working reasonably well!

Comment

• Comment

• Slate Time!

Finally after months of faffing with this mould problem it was time to get the slates back on to the table!

Comment

• Please read the post above for how I went about installing the slates and a few tips I picked up along the way!

Comment

• So with the current virus situation putting a halt to the table refurb I decided to fit the old cloth back on, for two reasons! Firstly to give myself some practice ahead of the new cloth arriving and secondly to 'test' the level of the table by actually playing a few diagonal shots.

On loose...

Stretched!

Comment

• As luck would have it, my decision to leave two of the cushions in 1 piece as a reference meant that I could set up a corner with a pocket to actually get a little game play! Albeit limited to the bottom right black pocket!

If ever there is a one pocket snooker World Championship I 'could' be world champion!!

Comment

• Here I thought I'd try my new 'Pocket Templates' I made earlier in the year, against these pockets.... just to see how they stack up to the pro pocket openings, and I was absolutely shocked to see they almost matched perfectly!

Comment

• That is very impressive Steve ……….huge envy here . Can't wait to see it totally finished .
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Just remembered back to the bad luck you had but also now what a wonderful project to take your time up during this "unusual" time. The table looks spot on! Did you spray lacquer the legs?

:snooker:
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Excellent work
                      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                        Just remembered back to the bad luck you had but also now what a wonderful project to take your time up during this "unusual" time. The table looks spot on! Did you spray lacquer the legs?

:snooker:
                        Thanks!

Yes the legs have been spray lacquered with a clear satin, there a bit dusty in the photos, in my excitement to get the slate and cloth on I didn’t have time for cleaning! Haha. The frame woodwork had several coats of poly varnish which was flattened down between coats and buffed to a nice sheen finish. Hoping to follow the same stain and varnish process on the cushions!

Cheers

Comment

• Glad you're making good progress Danger Steve . I take it you got the breather membrane outside the ply this time round, thats the key. Hopefully you were able to reuse any cladding that you had to remove. Tedious but will be a distant memory once your knocking balls in :snooker:

Comment

• Not to make anyone jealous but thought I'd upload a short vid I made yesterday attempting a really quite tricky mini line up. Much harder than I initially thought with only one pocket and one cushion of any use! This was as close as I got after around 45 minutes attempting it... :snooker:

https://youtu.be/EZcn9PL4Qug

Comment

• love it
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Pics looking really good now.

Glad the mould problem was sorted; it would have been a shame to pull it down so at least you are in view of the final stretch mate.
                                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                                X